Brushing your teeth is easy, right?
All of us should be aware how important maintaining great oral hygiene is through brushing your teeth, but you may not now some of our 5 teeth brushing facts. Take a look below to learn more about tooth brushing!
1. The average person only brushes for 45 to 70 seconds a day, whilst the recommended amount of time to spend brushing your teeth is 2-3 minutes. Over your lifetime, you’ll spend an average of 38.5 days brushing your teeth!
2. If you don’t floss your teeth, you’re missing out on cleaning up to 40% of your tooth surfaces! It’s really important that your brush and floss your teeth twice a day to maintain great oral hygiene.
3. A toothbrush was listed as the top thing that we could not go without when we go on holiday, although one in twenty would skip brushing their teeth if they only had five minutes to get ready in the morning!
4. The first toothbrushes were tree twigs! Chewing on the very ends of the twigs spread out the fibres, which then made it easier to clean the teeth. Ancient Greeks used alabaster, iron rust or coral powder as toothpaste.
5. You can damage your teeth by brushing them if your technique is wrong. You shouldn’t exclusively scrub sideways and you should be careful not to brush too hard. It’s also important to choose a toothpaste that isn’t too abrasive. Maintain good gum and tooth health means that you don’t have to go to the dentist too often!
Did you know?
If you’re right handed, you will chew your food on your right side. If you’re left handed, you will chew your food on your left side!
Brushing your teeth is an essential part of looking after your teeth and gums. Even if you’re not happy with your teeth, you should always keep them clean and flossed. Prolonged bad oral hygiene can’t be fixed, but a smile can. Get a brand new smile with Invisalign.