May 10th, 2017
Tooth straightening has always been an important field of orthodontics. Better-aligned teeth have their list of benefits. With straight teeth, people may have a better experience of eating, better speech, and smiles that boost confidence. There is little wonder as to why more and more people choose to take control of their teeth to get them lined up.
The go-to option has always been braces. These metal contraptions attach to the teeth and provide constant pressure that pushes back teeth to their ideal positions. However, the method often comes with some inconvenience.
Traditional braces remain reliable solutions for teeth straightening. Nonetheless, there were many points of improvement for the product. People who often have braces installed have similar complaints about the traditional orthodontic. Some of them are:
1. They are unsightly. The reason why braces are more common in children is that some adults may find its appearance unfit on a more professional setting. Metal braces, the brackets and the wiring installed can have an effect on a person’s appearance.
2. There are also concerns with hygiene surrounding braces. The structures can lead to food bits that are hard to remove even with thorough brushing.
3. Braces cause a significant amount of discomfort. Common complaints include how the hardware can snag other parts of the mouth and cause wounds or irritation.
Traditional braces are over 100 years old, and they have been long due for an update. In 1997, Align Technologies, the company that invented Invisalign, was established in San Jose, California. It was in 1998 that the United States Food and Drug Administration granted approval for the product, and development became rapid-paced.
Using modern technology like 3D printing and computer-aided design (CAD), Align Technology built an incremental system for orthodontic treatment.
Invisalign is a radical shift from braces. In its system, Invisalign uses clear plastic aligners that cover the teeth perfectly. These aligners change every few weeks to accommodate the slow realignment happening within the teeth. You may view the before and after Invisalign photos that demonstrate the impact of the system.
The system solves the most common issues with the braces through the following:
1. The clear plastic makes Invisalign less conspicuous. When they wear Invisalign aligners, many users share that people often don’t notice the dental devices. In addition, because these are removable, they can take them out briefly during special events or other important occasions.
2. Invisalign braces are taken off during meals, making them less likely to harbour food chunks that can lead to bacteria growth in the mouth. They can also be washed thoroughly, unlike braces.
3. Naturally, there will be the sensation of the retainers pushing teeth into alignment. However, without the wiring and protruding brackets, Invisalign aligners are less likely to cause wounds in the mouth.
Invisalign’s popularity is due to its benefits over traditional orthodontic options. While Invisalign can work for most people, it is a very suitable option for adult teeth straightening. Given that it can be removed, it’s a perfect solution for professionals.
Through the MiSmile network, patients can enjoy the treatment from trusted providers. With patients equipped with the latest technology in the field, they will be able to enjoy more benefits with their chosen orthodontic treatment. Contact us to take advantage of Invisalign’s benefits!
Phone lines open 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday